Monday, August 24, 2009

Teaching the Truth...


My munchkin headed off to start another year of school this morning - 1st grade! That child amazes me: no fear, no apprehension - just pure excitement! I can't wait to have her get home so I can hear all about her day over a homemade cupcake (our first day of school tradition!)
I was nervous about having all three of the kids here this summer. Between working two jobs from home, plus trying to keep up with the house and kids I'm often left feeling tired and frazzled. But the summer went by so quickly and so much easier than I had imaged! Kaitlin was a great help to me. She learned some basic cleaning skills, played with the boys and helped get them drinks and snacks. Now I'm wondering what I'm going to do without her during the long mornings and afternoons! The boys are already missing her and asking when she'll be home. We're looking forward to your return, sweet girl!


I have been greatly encouraged the past few years by some Christian moms in whom I've confided my struggles about sending Kaitlin to public school. They have been such an encouragement to me, sharing with me their understanding that it's okay not to homeschool, and how they've used the experience of public school to further teach their kids Godly principles. The older Kaitlin gets and the greater her understanding grows, the more opportunities I am having to teach her the truth. Please pray for both of us this year as the Lord continues to teach both of us and brings opportunities for me to share His love to both Kaitlin, her classroom and school friends.
"Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness." - Psalm 143.10

2 comments:

Marti said...

You have my support and prayer! There is no place one can go that God is not there. He is able to keep that which I have committed to Him...

Blessings!

Brookee LeShea said...

looks like she has her hands on her hips. "come on mom! I'm ready to go!"

Awww, hope she had fun! I remember 1st grade like it was yesterday. I had fun but my Aunt was also my principal & cousins were teachers. I basically did what I wanted. haha