Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Getting Nowhere...

He may look all sweet and precious, but I assure you, he's 99 percent stinker.

I have desperately been trying to convince little man that he's ready for potty training, but he's so not falling for it. He's a tricky little one. These kinds of conversations are happening on almost a daily basis now.



DJ: Mama, I 'tinky.

Me: You're stinky?

DJ: Yes.

Me: That's yucky to go stinky in your pants, bubby. Where does your stinky need to go?

DJ: In my bum.


or...

Me: Don't you want to be my big boy now and go potty in the big boy potty chair?

DJ: No tanks.

Me: Do you want to just be my baby?

[looking quizzically]

DJ: No baby.

Me: Do you want to be my big boy?

[now looking at me like I'm crazy]

DJ: Noooo.
Me: Then what are you going to be if you're not a baby or a big boy?

DJ: Das silly. I DJ!
Me: Oh, yeah, you're DJ. Apparently you're your own classification of boy.
DJ: Yes. I like birfday cake.


I don't know how cake got into the conversation. Maybe he's giving me a clue that birthday cake is the secret trick to getting him to chuck the diapers?

Seriously, he's a stinker.

4 comments:

Kari said...

What a cutie and too smart for his own good it sounds. I am holding off on the whole potty training thing until baby #2 arrives and we get a bit more settled. I've heard they typically regress after the baby. Hope it gets easier for you soon.

Sherry said...

I love the pictures. And I could so put his little voice in my head during the conversation!

Marti said...

Yes, he's a stinker. But, a most precious and sweet one. It won't be long before that day arrives!

Hang in there!

Grace Powell said...

when he's ready it'll just happen. clearly, he wants to be in charge here. i guess when you are really ready to fight about it you could make it happen too, but it might not be as pleasant for either of you. I felt like I was about there with Elisa and then, ta da!

i showed here this picture on my phone this morn and asked her if she remembered him. she said she wants to go to his house! me too!