I've debated whether or not to even post these pictures, just because I've waited so long to do it. But, come on, they're just too funny! I had to do it. So, here we go.
For Halloween Kaitlin was a cat. Actually, that's not just for Halloween. I'd say probably a good 40% of the time she's at home she's dressed up like a cat. This has been a regular thing for a good year now. Luckily she is litter trained and rarely ever scratches the furniture.
Now with D.J., a costume was a much more difficult ordeal. If you can remember all the way back when....he was PuppyDoug for Halloween last year. However, I have been ordered that he will no longer be allowed to dress as an animal, and since he can't verbalize yet what he wants to be, the decision is left up to me. We were looking for a cowboy or a pirate costume and could find NOTHING in his size. So, once again, pretending to be creative, I made him a pirate costume. His pants were cheapo brown sweatpants that I cut at the bottom to make them look like old torn pirate pants. He wore a white shirt with a vest made out of felt and one of sissy's ribbons around it. But here's the great part...we settled on a pirate because he found a pirate hat at Target that he just wouldn't take off. It was made for a a kid three times his age, but thanks to his father, he has an enormous head and it fit just fine. However, it was a Jack Sparrow hat so it had the dreds sewn into the inside. They went down to his knees! It was hilarious, but the child loved it. Wanna see? Of course you do...
5 comments:
I'm sooo glad you posted those pics. DJ looks adorable in his little pirate costume. You did a great job!!
Haha! too cute
Zakers was a lion and he still roars! lol
Hilarious! DJ was cracking me up, I love the outfit!
So glad you put these up. They are both so cute. I love Kaitlin as a cat, such great memories of her first cat costume!
DJ's hat was AWESOME! Elisa was a pirate for halloween too! However, she would not keep her scarf on her head for anything.
That is honestly the cutest thing I've seen! That is so funny!!!
Post a Comment