Thursday, August 21, 2008

Baby Evelyn Update (Thurs. 1 a.m.)

They are admitting Evelyn into St. Francis children's hospital for at the very least a few days. Her system is in shock and shutting down and the doctors aren't sure why. They don't believe it's related to the jaundice, but there are no definites yet. They were able to get an I.V. in her hand, but it's not very stable, so they're going to have to do a central line. At last check her white blood cell count wasn't elevated, nor has she had a fever, so they're not thinking that it's anything bacterial. Grace is having a really hard time just being in the room with her seeing her with a breathing tube and and I.V.'s and lines coming out of her chest. She's so glad that Brandon will be flying back home tomorrow, but at the same time it's scary to have a doctor tell you that you should have your husband come home early.

Please keep them all in your prayers. I know Brandon has started posting some updates on his blog, but I'll continue to update mine, too.

2 comments:

bandanachick said...

Thanks so much for posting all this, I hadn't heard any of it yet.
I will be praying so much for little Evelyn and Grace too.
Keep us posted.

Rachel said...

Thank you, Christina. I will be praying.