For thy love is better than wine.
Because of the savour of thy good ointments
Thy name is as ointment poured forth"
"While the king sitteth at his table,
My spikenard sendeth forth the smell thereof.
A bundle of myrrh is my well-beloved unto me"
Song of Solomon 1:2-3,12-13
As we read these passage today in chapel, I had to ask myself, how is my personal intimate relationship with Christ? Do I crave time with Him? Am I completely consumed with love for Him? Do I long for His fragrance?
"For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:"
2 Corinthians 2:15
Am I spending so much time around my Lord that His fragrance can be smelled on me? Am I being a sweet savour of Christ to my husband? to my children? to my neighbors? to people who don't even know me?
I find myself so consumed throughout the day by my own selfishness. I waste time in self pity that could be time used to represent the one who is the reason for living. How challenged I have been to spend more time with the one that I love, to focus my desires on Him, not only for myself, but also so that those around me may share in His lovely fragrance!
"His mouth is most sweet: yea, he is altogether lovely. This is my beloved, and this is my friend"
Song of Solomon 5: 16
1 comment:
Thank you for posting this sweet savor of Christ. Oh that we would all draw near Him and together become a garden of enjoyment.
You have challenged me today dear.
Post a Comment