Saturday, September 29, 2007

Chubby bubby...

...chunky monkey. My little man reached the big 4 months this week. It seems like he's been around a lot longer than that! Here are a few highlights of his month.

1) He now weighs in at 15lbs. 6oz.; over double his birth weight!
2) He learned to roll back to front, and then front to back. By the way, Doug and I completely missed his first time to roll over.
3) He had his first "play date".
4) His thumb has become his new best friend. Best part about it? Unlike the paci, it is pretty much impossible to drop it on the floor of a restaurant or accidentally leave it in a store.
5) He learned how to pull his knees to his tummy. Between this action and rolling, he's become quite proficient at moving around and off of his floor gym.
6) He lost most of his hair (you'd have thought a dog was shedding in his crib), but it's growing back nicely already.
7) He continues to think that his sissy is just about the best thing in the world.


This is his favorite position. It enables him to see what's going on behind him (apparently that's where all the good action is!)
Baby Jamen came over for a play date. Jamen is a month younger, so they'll (hopefully!) be good friends. DJ didn't seem too impressed, however, as he fell asleep looking at Jamen.
Such a cutie! I love how he's pulling his little knees up now. This is how he squirms himself to the edge of the papasan. Eventually half of him is hanging off and he can rest his feet on the floor. Notice how he holds his fingers out while he sucks his thumb. He ends up with tons of scratches down his forehead, no matter how often I trim his nails. Check out the chubby baby thighs! He gets those from his mommy.Sissy loves any excuse to snuggle with brother. See Grace, he's huge! Quite a different baby than the one you met while you were here!
He sticks everything in his mouth, especially washcloths! We think he might be in the early stages of teething because he doesn't just suck, he bites.

I sure love you little man! How blessed we are to have you in our family. You are forever a reminder to me of God's grace and faithfulness. May you learn to follow His will.

7 comments:

Lista said...

What a cute little chub!!! I just want to pick him up and squeeze him! Oh, and thumb sucking is the best! No more washing pacis!

Grace Powell said...

It is a totally different child. So adorable. I do believe he may be trying to compete with my child. I can't wait to hold him!

Kari said...

How adorable Christina! He is such a BIG boy already. Edward just had his six month apt. and weighed 15.15. Doug is catching up really fast. He looks like a really happy little guy. I also love that he found his thumb. That makes it so much easier.

Michelle said...

He's so cute! You guys did good:)

bandanachick said...

So cute Christina! What fun it is to have chubby babies! Thanks for sharing!

marti said...

I don't think he's chubby! Just perfect! Can't wait till you bring him our way.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.