
No, this is not a two headed bug. This is the bane of my existence here in Florida. Meet the lovebug.
So named for its only function in life, mating, the lovebugs swarm through Florida during May and September, leaving their mark everywhere. You find thousands of them dead on your porch, in your house, in your hair, and my personal favorite, smashed all over your windshield. The secretions in their body actually eat through the paint on vehicles. Cute, huh? They become so plentiful during these months that driving down the highway often looks like a smokey haze as their bodies plaster the front of your car. Makes you want to come visit, doesn't it?
Kaitlin says that lovebugs are so named because they love you. She apparently doesn't love them back because yesterday I found her beating their bodies into our house with a baseball bat.
3 comments:
Thanks for a good laugh!
How well I remember love bugs! I recall once fleeing a picnic area, with our food full of them! You have my unending sympathy.
Yuck...glad I don't have to deal with that!
Post a Comment