Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Boys

I have had many reminders lately on the importance of thankfulness. I am continually reminded that it becomes increasingly harder to complain and worry when one is focused on thanking God for all He has done.
One thing I am reminded to be thankful for every day is my boys. Granted, only one of them is mine by birth, but Wyatt is a part of our family nonetheless, and weekends seem a little quiet without him.

They are two different personalities, but they are becoming best friends. They play together all day long, and ask for each other on weekends when they are separated.

Any time of the day one of them is willing to wrap their little arms around me and give me a kiss when I need it. They always make me smile with their silly antics.
They're a handful and a half, but I love them, and am so thankful that I have them with me during the days! What am I going to do with myself when they both go off to school in a couple of years?

Wyatt has just recently started calling me "T Tia," which means "Auntie Christina." I love it! No one has ever called me "Aunt" before. Here he is showing me his bellybutton. Both of my silly boys love their bellybuttons.

D.J. is fascinated by the lights on the tree. You have to watch that one closely, though. He tries to eat ornaments. (April, any tips on getting that awful cast off of his skin using GIMP?)

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I know I'm not April, but I have an idea for your photo... :o)

You could try converting to BW and then up the contrast a bit. That's what I do when I end up with something like this and can't seem to warm it up.

I don't remember GIMP too well, so I don't have any other ideas. Hopefully April can come up with something.

Cute shots, BTW.

April said...

I'm so sorry Christina but I don't remember gimp that well and I didn't know anything about color casts when I used it. I searched through gimp's tutorials and couldn't find anything. You'll have to look for a tool that will let you pull the reds and magentas down. However, I do like Brooke and if I can's shake the color cast I convert to black and white.

I do like these pictures though. You composed them very well.

Thank you for the reminder to focus on what you're thankful for rather than what you're not. I needed that right now.

Moi said...

I don't know what gimp is but it sounds funny.

Your kiddos are awesomely awesome. How old is the whole bunch now?

Christina said...

Amester,

Kaitlin is 5, D.J. is 19 months and my nephew, Wyatt, is 2.

How have things been? Send me an e-mail and catch me up!